April 29, 2018

Soft Matte for Dry is literally Velvet

 


I am not a person who loves to wear makeup every single day... the lazy girl inside me barely pushes myself for a complete skincare routine and then thats it... I am ready to step out of the door in my super glam bare face :) ... 


But this foundation has completely changed the makeup game for me. I am talking about none other than the Fenty Beauty Soft Matte Foundation [The shade I wear is 300]. First of all, for a brand that is a new launch in the beauty market, the packaging is a-m-a-z-i-n-g... Its a sturdy packaged foundation bottle, also most of the foundations are 30 ml in size. However, this is 32 ml in size and priced so well for its awesomeness. (It retails for $32 USD) 

Now I am a dry skin gal, completely. I have tried wearing matte foundations in the past and they just crack all over my face, and itch my skin so bad... that I need days and days of no makeup makeup to recover from it. However, even though the fenty beauty foundation is supposed to be matte, it is not like a full on matte look on my skin, it is literally like the name says a soft matte look and just looks so amazing on my skin that I have added this to my wedding makeup basket for sure. I don't know how have they achieved this finish but it just looks velvety, soft matte and the coverage being buildable between medium to full. 


One something I always swear by before I apply any foundation literally, but, more specifically with matte foundations is to use an oil base in my skincare regime. So, after I cleanse my face and apply my serum and eye cream, I have started using this radiance oil by AMOREPACIFIC. Now this is definitely an investment as the oil is not cheap and I completely realize that, however, it is the first oil that is calming on my skin and gives me an awesome glow along with adding the punch of hydration without breaking me out at all. Once the oil really sinks into my skin after a couple minutes, I apply my moisturizer which is, always the ultra repair cream by FAB cosmetics. This is one moisturizer that I have been using since forever. Literally from Autumn to Spring, this is always on my face both morning and evening. 



This face that you see is after I was wearing the foundation already for 6 hours and as you can see the foundation did not move at all, I was also so happy with the coverage and finish on my face, that, for the first time I wore just my foundation. That just goes to say how amazing the product is.

One thing full coverage foundations tend to do is they make you look very one dimensional (though I did not go full full coverage that day), hence, I applied glossier cloud paint in the shade beam. I am not a fan of powder blushes and prefer them in liquid format. And this paint is the worlds most perfect peachy coral blush.


I am sorry girls but this is my honest review about the foundation and I have nothing bad to say about it whatsoever. Everything from the awesome packaging to the large and varied array of 40 shades to the finish and finally to coverage.. I JUST LOVE. Rihanna, big thumbs up on this from me.

This summer I am definitely all fenty for my base and under its full coverage umbrella.... ella.... ella.... elllaaaa... eeee....

Definitely let me know your thoughts on the foundation review and what do you personally think about the fenty beauty range, is there anything else from them that pleases your face? Look forward to reading all the comments..

Have a lovely sunday xx...










Share:

1 comment

  1. Thank You :) Let me know if there is anything specific that you would want me to review :)

    ReplyDelete

Hello Sanjeevani 2.0

WHATS HAPPENED TO THIS SPACE?  Hello! and welcome back, Thank you for taking the time to read through this.. No matter the way I start this ...

Blog Design Created by pipdig